Posted by Fred Steiner on April 20, 2014 - 10:05pm
Ron Lora (left) checks out the results of his 90-second shopping spree as Dave Houghtaling, manager of Community Markets, offers congratulations. Lora won the Community Market shopping spree on a Lions Club raffle. He donated groceries collected during his 90-second spree to the West Ohio Food Bank of Lima. The program is a fund raiser for the Lions Club scholarship fund.
Richard Ramseyer honored by Lions as 2013 Citizens of the Year
Posted by Fred Steiner on April 18, 2014 - 9:44pm
Lions president, Mitch Kingsley, presents Richard Ramseyer the Citizen of the Year award.
Richard Ramseyer, long-time community promoter, was recognized on April 15 by the Bluffton Lions Club as the Lions Citizen of the Year for 2013.
The award was presented during a banquet meeting at First Mennonite Church. Bill Croft served as master of ceremonies.
Ramseyer’s involvement in Bluffton touches countless aspect of the community. The Illinois native came to Bluffton when he attended and graduated from Bluffton College in the mid-1950s.
He and his wife, Elfrieda, are parents of two grown children, Rick and Marty.
The Ramseyers lived and worked here from 1969 until 1983 when they moved to Colorado and later Iowa. Upon Richard’s retirement in 2001 the couple returned to Bluffton and have lived here since then.
Richard Ramseyer’s current community involvement:
• Bluffton Zoning Commission, member
• Bluffton Lions Club, member, board member and past president
• Festival of Wheels, volunteer
• Bluffton Lions Club Foundation, assisted in its founding
• Lions Corvette raffle program, major organizer
• Bluffton Bike and Pedestrian Pathway Committee, chair
• Bluffton Area Chamber of Commerce, member
• First Mennonite Church, member
Ramseyer’s previous community involvement:
• Bluffton College, Chief Administrative Officer for Institutional Advancement
• Bluffton Industrial Growth Committee, member
• Bluffton Airpark Development Corp., member
• Bluffton Housing Corp., member
• Bluffton Expansion Corp., member
• Bluffton, Beaverdam, Richland Township United Way
past president, vice-president, campaign chair
• Bluffton Business Men’s Association, member
• Bluffton Community Progress Corp., founding member and past president
CPC developed Swiss Country Estates and kept Bluffton’s downtown theatre operating until the Rodabaugh family purchased it